Final year -
1. Rotations through major clinical disciplines ( Medicine, Surgery, Psychiatry, Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Paediatrics and Primary Care)
2. continue to integrate basic sciences and psychosocial domains with the clinical sciences.
3. three week elective period which may be taken locally or outside South Africa. There will be assessment at the end of each block as well as an integrated exam at the end of the year.
1. Natural and Social Sciences
Introduction to Medical Science
Physics and Chemistry
One or two of:
Zulu for Medical Students, Biomedical Mathematics, Psychology and Human Behavioural Sciences
2. Anatomy, Physiology Molecular Medicine
NSC, Mathematics 5, Physical Sciences and / or Biology 5